Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Charming Discoveries

Just from traveling to Como and noticing the small amount of perspiration sitting above my upper lip, I realized that today’s volunteer time would be a relatively sweaty one.
Entrance to Conservatory
And true enough, upon entering the forum entrance to the Fern Room, I felt the watery texture of the air beginning to exhibit itself as body sweat. A symptom of my currently busy workload, I sadly realized that I had left my water bottle at home and that I'd be spending much time near the indoor water fountains.

Brightening my sweaty thoughts were the large streams of smiling and laughing guests walking through the conservatory. Undaunted by the steamy environment, a large number of guests walked about, looking closely at the plant species, reading their signage, pointing at cool plant attributes and smiling at seeing and learning about our plant world.



Papaya Flowers
Patron smiles of wonderment always brighten my day whether from self-discovery or from when I've pointed out interesting but usually not obvious plant features. Today, several groups were very excited to see the growing pineapple and the Buddha's Hand tree fruit.  
Pineapple

Both are indeed charming discoveries. I brought the intricate beauty of the papaya, cotton and pomegranate flowers to their attention. One of Mother Nature's beautiful ways of plant reproduction! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?